Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back on the boards

After a long break from blogging, I'm back on the boards again. Library 2.1 has begun and unfortunately my my blog was looking a little sad - possibly the lack of attention I've given it, or possibly because my blogging expertise is at a beginner's level. Still, I managed to contribute one post in the time between learning 2.0 and learning 2.1. That's not to say I haven't been harnessing the awesome power of the blog, but rather, I've begun a new one to showcase my writing, and the writing of my partner in crime. The ability to promote homegrown literature, without the all powerful word of the publishing conglomerates predominating, is the best aspect of blogging. In saying this, the use of the blog in the library environment, without the all powerful word of the local council, is an appealing prospect - but it is a realistic one? Every thing published by and for this library needs approval from above - both from library managers and members of council. Could they ever allow staff blogs in this climate? Hopefully one day the bureaucracy will allow some freedom of expression in this regard.
And now for a confession. This blogger has not been following other blogs. So now that I'm back on the keyboards, I'll start following some other blogs.
Till next time.

No comments: